Childhood Trauma and Adversity Training
This is a course intended to deepen an individual’s understanding of the key concepts of trauma and adverse childhood experiences as well as their impact on brain development. We will look at how our experiences influence our health, mental health, and our path towards social well-being. This course will also grow the understanding of core protective factors and assist attendees in understanding trauma and its potential life-long effects. We will explore ways of changing the narrative, being more trauma informed in our interactions, and help participants to use these understandings to better interact with both children and families.
- Help attendees understand the key concepts of trauma
- Cultivate an individual’s ability to understand and articulate the impact of adversity on brain development
- Grow one’s understanding of core protective systems
- Assist attendees in comprehending resilience and a trauma informed approach
- Help attendees understand how trauma and adversity impact life outcomes
- Advance each person’s understanding of how to use this knowledge in working with children and families